Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Recent pics aren't in chronological order! So how can users find NEW pics?!

Feb 15, 2012 - permalink
The site's most recently posted pictures don't seem to be in correct chronological order. If they were in correct order, I wouldn't have missed seeing lots of new pictures that were added weeks or months ago. For example, today I found a bunch of Elena Shportun pictures that were added weeks ago, even though I check for new pictures every few days.  ???

Every few days, I look at the most recently posted pictures and thumb through them until I recognize 5 or 6 photos on the same page that I saw on the site during my previous visit. To be sure I've seen ALL the new thumbnails, if the same page has eye-catching photos I didn't see during my previous visit I'll continue thumbing through earlier posts.

This time (Elena Shportun) isn't the only time I've had this problem. How can subscribers keep up with new pictures if a bunch of pictures are posted without appearing under Most Recently Posted? I'm sure other people want to know about this too.

Chainer
Feb 15, 2012 - permalink
Can you provide an example of two pictures where one of them has a higher ID number than the other but was posted before the other?
Feb 16, 2012 - permalink
Can you provide an example of two pictures where one of them has a higher ID number than the other but was posted before the other?

In response to your request, let me first point out that users don't know exactly when a picture was posted (only approximate dates), and I don't see ID numbers unless I download a picture. Once I have your e-mail address, I'll send you list of photos I liked that seemed new from the past week including Shportun's pics that I just saw today. I spotted probably 7 or more Shportun pics not previously seen (I'll list them in email) despite my procedure for I.D.'ing new pictures every few days. In particular,  I'm positive I would have seen # 786042635 if it had been sent through the queue for Recently Posted Pictures.

I don't want to attach my list to this public forum. Let me know an e-mail address and I'll mail it to you. Thanks, fn1a

Feb 16, 2012 - permalink
For the record, when we say "ID number," we don't mean the nine digit number on the jpg.  Every image page has a number as part of its URL, and the numbers are all in order.  (Gaps are where pictures have made the main site and been deleted).  For instance, it's the six digit number in this URL: 
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Being familiar with your method of trying to find where you left off, I can say that there is a more accurate way.  On each image page, a few lines below the actual picture, you'll see four hyperlinks:

Uploader | Date Posted | Original Filename | Approver

Click on "Date Posted," and it will say when that picture found its way to the main site, down to the minute.  Use that to help you find where you left off.
Feb 16, 2012 - permalink
For the record, when we say "ID number," we don't mean the nine digit number on the jpg.  Every image page has a number as part of its URL, and the numbers are all in order.  (Gaps are where pictures have made the main site and been deleted).  For instance, it's the six digit number in this URL: 

Being familiar with your method of trying to find where you left off, I can say that there is a more accurate way.  On each image page, a few lines below the actual picture, you'll see four hyperlinks:

Uploader | Date Posted | Original Filename | Approver

Click on "Date Posted," and it will say when that picture found its way to the main site, down to the minute.  Use that to help you find where you left off.

I see all the information you're referring to, but that doesn't solve the problem of how subscribers can keep up-to-date on new pictures that are posted. Once I know the date and time of the last picture I viewed, the site doesn't allow me to  search for pictures with a more recent timestamp during my next visit a few days later. The only way that I see that subscribers can keep up-to-date with new pictures is for the moderators to be sure that new pictures go in and stay in the Recently Posted queue. That didn't happen with the Shportun picture:
  and some other pictures I've found weeks after they were originally posted.  Thank you
Chainer
Feb 16, 2012 - permalink
All images go in the "recently posted" queue (as you call it):

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images

If you use the arrows to flip between pages, you will eventually go through every image on the site in reverse chronological order. I find a good strategy for seeing new pictures is to start at the URL above and then keep flipping pages until you start seeing pictures you recognize.

If you find picture(s) that are out of order, then that's a bug, and you should post their URLs here.
Aug 24, 2012 - permalink

Here's one that's out of chronological order.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »