Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why allow people to vote zero?

halfkorean
Jul 13, 2013 - permalink
The front page of new images is a sea of red - clearly someone has taken the trouble to zero rate at least 20 pictures in a single sitting, one after the other.  Oddly, the physiques are a mixed bag so you'd think at least one or two would appeal. 

Well, let's be honest. There are small people who feel powerless in their lives so they try to compensate by wielding their mighty zeroes for an hour on a little website. Sad but true.
tk101
Aug 03, 2013 - permalink
Why use a 0-10 rating at all?

Follow the popular "Like" system used elsewhere by having just two options: "Like" and "Dislike". Use the total number of such votes cast to produce a percentage.

E.g. 1000 votes total, with, say, 750 "Likes" and 250 "Dislikes" would display something like: "75% of users like this image".

Voting is already disabled for non-registered users, while registered users can only cast a single vote for any image, so this entirely eliminates the 'x-bombing' effect.

Problem solved.
muscleflexin
Aug 04, 2013 - permalink
Worse to me than the zero vote is the image moderation by users.  The "Zero Bombers" kill some of my great pics
when I post them to that queue.  The other thing that drives me crazy is there are many true muscle lovers registered here and it seems so many of them don't bother to moderate the images. I'll upload a few into that queue and it can take almost a week to get the 26 votes needed to approve it, and at the same time many are lost to the assholes who vote zero and dislike girls with muscle, but have nothing better to do. I think maybe a lot of the guy who zero bomb are here cause they actually like girls with muscle, but they don't understand how they can like a girl with more muscle than themselves, so it makes them feel better to vote that they don't like them, although their deep fascination with muscle girls drives them back again and again.
blastr007
Aug 29, 2013 - permalink
Could be that user came across the 120 pictures of Michelle Lewin and right there that is 120 tens. 

For me, I usually only vote if I think it is a 10, or see someone ranked way to high or way to low.  then I try to correct it but most of mine are 10s so people could be doing that.  I will try to vote on more of them if it matters so much.

Also with the comment above, you have inspired me to go moderate some of these pictures and I moderate just following the rules If I don't like a particular girl i will still vote yes and then give her a big fat 0 Vote.  NOt really but I do think we should only follow the rules and then if you don't like a prticular girls just vote her low once approved.
msclfn
Sep 01, 2013 - permalink
I think any voting system has its advantages and disadvantages. Most pictures are above 7 or 8 so I think there are more 10-bombers than 0-bombers.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »