Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

spam alerts

dreamspinner
Nov 22, 2011 - permalink
some pics are loaded with popups indicating virus alerts. 

d
Nov 22, 2011 - permalink
I am having the same problem...see my comments in this Website Discussion under Site
pete33
Dec 08, 2011 - permalink
OK so this is my fourth warning on this site regarding severe virus threat. I do believe my laptop was infected with the very severe "win 7 antispyware 2012" virus while viewing pics here last night. It took over most of my computer and even malware bytes I had installed couldn't remove it and that is known to be the strongest malware remover available. Luckily I had a restore point set on my pc and was able to use that to recover use of my system. If it wasn't for my restore point I would have had to do a factory wipe of my laptop which would have sucked bigtime. So I'm doing everything I can to warn users of this site to have a restore point set on your computer before continuing to surf this site. BEWARE of warnings from your legitimate spyware protection remove any threats immediately.
chinchin
Dec 09, 2011 - permalink
Same here - while gawking at the photos of all the hot looking women last Wednesday, a phoney "antivirus" program suddenly initiated, telling me that my computer is chock-full of viruses.

I exited immediately and ran my own virus check. As I understand it (and there's been much comment about this in other recent threads as well) this is potentially a very serious trojan that can make you resort to wiping the entire C-drive and starting over  from scratch. 

I got this very same trojan some months ago . . . and yes, wiping the C-drive was my only recourse. 

For some reason, nothing (knock on wood) seems to have happened to my computer this time around.  McAfee found nothing amiss, and my compter is - so far - continuing to function normally.

But damn, I'm steering way clear of the picture website until this issue gets resolved!
Chainer
Dec 09, 2011 - permalink
If you turn off the ads, this problem will go away.

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/myprofile/index.php?pagename=ads
chinchin
Dec 09, 2011 - permalink
Ah, so the trojan came from the ads, not the images!  That makes sense. 

As you suggested, I disabled the ads (for now).  But, I also realize that you depend on the ads to generate enough revenue to keep the site running. 

So please keep us updated on this, if the mystery trojan issue is resolved, I'll be happy to turn the ads back on. It's a very small price to pay to keep the picture website afloat.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »