Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Uploading pics to this forum is really annoying

sthenolagnia
Oct 25, 2011 - permalink
Whenever I made the mistake of uploading a pic that is slightly above the size limit, or if my file name is identical to one that is already uploaded (just the file name, mind you), the post will not appear; instead a message informing of the error is shown. After that, I can't go back to the posting frame to edit it, but have to go back to the forum home, then open the topic and make the post again, including retype the message body, and upload the attachments.

To make matter worse, all the attachments that go with the failed post were uploaded to the forum, so I got the error that there are attachments with same names AGAIN, and I had to come back and change the names of all my attachments.

I mean, if the forum already accepted my "non-error" attachments, why can't it just let my post appear, and leave out the ones with errors? Or if it refuses to accept the post, why does it have to load the attachments? The pointless loading of the attachments made it really annoying if one has to go over the whole ordeal.

And couldn't the task be made simpler in the first place by allowing the poster to go back to the posting frame and change the attachments after receiving the error message? The way it is now, you can go back, but your post will not be sent into the system. It just stays there inert, despite your hitting the "Save" button.
Chainer
Oct 27, 2011 - permalink
Sounds like bad design. I didn't write this forum though (just the main site), so you'll have to raise your concerns with the good people at SMF Forums :)

Oh yeah, you can also use www.girlswithmuscle.com/host to post your pictures here.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »