Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

When doing that 'yes/no' thing, the principles I've tried to apply are ... 1) O

bolsanval
Jul 16, 2011 - permalink
When doing that 'yes/no' thing, the principles I've tried to apply are ...

1) Obviously, to abide by Chainer's rules ... sometimes, when I've been impatient, I've clicked 'yes' on a pic before it's fully scrolled-down as part of the loading process, and noticed too late that it's watermarked. So apologies for that ...

2) Bearing the above in mind, I've tried to keep my own preferences out of it, and not judge an individual pic simply on the basis of whether I personally like it or not. (I've okayed some pics which feature HORRIBLE implants, for example.)

3) The main grounds on which I'd reject a pic are: (a) if it's a routine glamour/cheesecake/T&A pretty-girl pic without a significant degree of visible muscle, (b) if it shows a heavy-duty bodybuilder with an obvious manifestation of Guy Face, (c) if it's the wrong side of the line between 'teen' and 'KID' or (d) if the woman in question is, despite clearly being a bodybuilder, so heavily-clad that the muscle is only implied.

Be interested to know what criteria others apply when 'guest modding' ... or whether your decisions are purely subjective.
anon-e-mouse
Jul 17, 2011 - permalink
 o.0 No young'uns, skinnies, plumpers, fuglies, fuzzies, headless or dudes. Gotta be "reasonably attractive" and noticeably strong. ;D
sthenolagnia
Jul 17, 2011 - permalink
I think this thread is identical to this one:

http://forum.girlswithmuscle.com/index.php?topic=2336.0

Why don't we just reply to the one that's here first?

To anon: a very healthy list.
chevron
Aug 04, 2011 - permalink
Also ... dunno who 'bolsanval' might be, but he/she/it has simply C&Ped my OP from the original thread cited above.

Whassup with that?
xenolith
Aug 09, 2011 - permalink
Ab shots, arm shots, and calf shots are automatically no with me.  Leg shots are OK as long as they at least show calf to waist level.

I've been "moderating" for the past couple weeks and have been rejecting about 60 to 75 percent (too much IMO) due to people submitting too many (in this order):

• ab shots
  • arm shots
  • skinnies (w/common muscularity)
  • guys w/equal focus in the shot
  • too much clothing
  • subject(s) too lost (little) in the shot
  • kids younger than 18
  • steroid users (guy face)
halfal
Aug 10, 2011 - permalink
Ab shots, arm shots, and calf shots are automatically no with me.  Leg shots are OK as long as they at least show calf to waist level.

Surely this is too subjective. Moderation, imo, should be about what is suitable for the site, not one's personal taste. For what reason other than personal taste are leg shots ok but not arm or ab?

Personally I rarely enjoy a pic that doesn't include the girls face but I recognise that others feel differently. There has to be a solid and, as far as possible,  objective reason for rejection, otherwise I accept - regardless of whether I like the pic or not. I take my guide primarily from the name of the site, and then reject watermarked, very small, and very low quality pics. And that's it.

I take the view that GWM is a community where tolerance is essential. Nobody likes every picture, if that were the criterion there would be no pics. I don't like guy face or implants so I rate them low, conversely I like a good morph.

Ratings is the place to express taste.
Aug 11, 2011 - permalink
I mostly vote yes unless an actual rule is broken.  One man's (or woman's) ugly is another's beautiful.
xenolith
Aug 11, 2011 - permalink
Surely this is too subjective. Moderation, imo, should be about what is suitable for the site, not one's personal taste. For what reason other than personal taste are leg shots ok but not arm or ab?

Personally I rarely enjoy a pic that doesn't include the girls face but I recognise that others feel differently. There has to be a solid and, as far as possible,  objective reason for rejection, otherwise I accept - regardless of whether I like the pic or not. I take my guide primarily from the name of the site, and then reject watermarked, very small, and very low quality pics. And that's it.

I take the view that GWM is a community where tolerance is essential. Nobody likes every picture, if that were the criterion there would be no pics. I don't like guy face or implants so I rate them low, conversely I like a good morph.

Ratings is the place to express taste.

Why legs and not an arm?  Because legs (again, up to the waist level as originally stated) are identified more with the feminine body.  An arm is identified more with masculinity.  As a male I much more appreciate a picture of a female lower body than a mess of pictures that contain nothing more than a curled arm.  And by the amount of isolated arm shots vs. full lower body shots that make it through (and by the rating scores) I think I'm far from being alone and unreasonable.

If you find no problem with shots with just an arm, fine. I have no problem with that, but where would you draw the line?  Would you vote yes on pictures of a hand?  How about a finger?  I know where I draw the line... an arm.

I don't know if you're singling me out or not, but I like to consider myself quite tolerant.  I vote yes to a lot of pics I find unattractive, even ones I find down right ugly.  And as far as implants, you say you don't like them.  Well I just so happen to not mind them at all, even the bad ones, but I wouldn't ever consider it "intolerant" of you or other people if you didn't like them to the point of voting against them.
halfal
Aug 15, 2011 - permalink
Xeno, shift your ego down a notch, of course I wasn't "singling you out" beyond taking issue with something you said; specifically your first line:

"Ab shots, arm shots, and calf shots are automatically no with me".

Given the topic that means you moderate them out. Not vote down, but state that you think they are unsuitable and should be removed. I think that is mistaken approach to moderation and belongs in the realm of rating.

And that's the point. I was talking about how to moderate, and moderation vs rating. Not calling you a bigot. You'll have to trust me on this.

However, you now say:

" .. If you find no problem with shots with just an arm, fine. I have no problem with that .. "  This is in contrast to what you said earlier, but if it is your new position then fine and dandy, we're all done here.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »