Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Newbie questions

vadek
Apr 22, 2011 - permalink
I have a lot of pics going back years. Having just discovered the GWM site, should I upload some of them to the site, or post them on the forums? Is there some kind of procedure for uploading and vetting images? And how do I find out if they're already on the site somewhere - I don't always have the names of models.
ferrari
Apr 22, 2011 - permalink
When you upload pics which r already on the side, your pics wont get accepted, so no worry. 1st: Image(s) in the waiting queue, 2nd:moderators accept or don't accept, or you upload your pic(s) in the popular queue, there your pics need more than 70% yes votes (I think 70) to get accepted. Whe you post them in the forum, you're on the safe side.
vadek
Apr 22, 2011 - permalink
Thanks, Ferrari. I'll pick a few choice ones and try uploading them to the site. I don't think I'll upload any pics to the forums.
ferrari
Apr 23, 2011 - permalink
Do you go under the same name in the main site?
vadek
Apr 24, 2011 - permalink
Do you go under the same name in the main site?
Yep. Why?
ferrari
Apr 25, 2011 - permalink
When i see your name, I can identify you and check out your profile
vadek
Apr 25, 2011 - permalink
When i see your name, I can identify you and check out your profile
I'm keeping a low profile, Ferrari. Especially as the second post I made in the forums was deleted without trace - presumably by a moderator. I meant well but my comment was obviously seen as threatening the status quo, however misguided that is. Admittedly, I could have used more formal phrasing. However, I am commenting on photos on the main site, but steering clear of controversy by using words such as "wow" and "blimey".  :-X

I've decided against uploading photos. Almost all the ones I have are a few years old now and largely came from Usenet groups, so the chances are they're already in the collection somewhere. Also I'm not sure about potential copyright issues.

Have a nice day!  :D
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »