Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Feature Requests

flagpole
Mar 31, 2012 - permalink
Oh and also when you randomize it doesn't show the woman's name under the picture like it does everywhere else. So that would be cool to add too. I have no idea how hard these things are to implement, but I can't be the only person who loves to use the randomize feature

Also thanks for all the hard work one one of the best sites on the Internet.
dontetris
Apr 02, 2012 - permalink
Greetings,

Most of the people have smartphones by now, it would be nice to have rss feed on the site, or if someone is up to it, even create some kind of single program for android/iphone to just browse the pictures, maybe more features later on...
Just an idea. Personally I am greatly missing the rss tho :)

Thanks,

DT.
msclfn
Apr 11, 2012 - permalink
Please add an ignore button to any poll, so it doesnt appear any more in the open polls section.
This shoul avoid answering whatever just to make disappear certain polls
bergenhaus
Apr 14, 2012 - permalink
I know this has been asked for before (I think a long time back) and GWM has always been a picture site but wouldn't it be great to have a videos tab which works in a similar way to the main part of the site with voting and comments? Obviously just freely available videos and nothing copyrighted.
msclfn
Apr 22, 2012 - permalink
Scanning the member list for less than 10 ratings in more than pone year would be nice.

While checking that list I had seen some members who just rated 1 picture an the average rating was 0.... or 10
jaye123456
Apr 30, 2012 - permalink
I enjoy moderating once in a while.  However, i find i make mistakes.  And often there are multiple shots where i wish i rejected earlier ones when better ones come along later.  And the pop up ads interfere with the nice flow of the function.

How about an option to display a page of pics at a time?  Yes/No vote check boxes appear at the bottom of each pic.  You make your votes, then submit a page at a time.

Thanks, luv da site!
jalabi99
Aug 06, 2012 - permalink
You should add more body parts to the tags list. Thighs is a major omission, for instance.
Aug 13, 2012 - permalink
I deleted my comment on Jodi Boam's most popular picture in order to stop getting notified when someone else posts a comment  on it. But that feature doesn't work. When users delete comments, their notifications should be updated, but mine aren't.
air
Aug 24, 2012 - permalink
...a timestamp for chat messages? :)
admiral_bates
Nov 20, 2012 - permalink
I've noticed that in the moderate section, you often see the same pictures coming up over and over again.  Clearly from the same person who has failed to get it approved the 1st, 2nd and 3rd times.  I understand that the pictures could also have been found and uploaded by other members.  What I'd like to see is a cooling off period for these images.  By this I mean a record of their upload be kept and a one month ban be started on that image being allowed back into moderation.

I'm not suggesting a total ban as I know attitudes change and people may vote it in another time but maybe not right now.  Maybe a total ban could be put on images that have failed moderation via the moderators the reason for this given when it is uploaded as the "This image is currently on this site" message gives now.  I'm sure people keep finding the same images and putting them up to either the mods or public vote.

Not that I moderate but do they just have a yes.no button like the user moderation or do they have more to select from like, copyright, person in pic requested not to be in site, poor quality, nude etc.  Because if that was the case then these could be the messages that pop up if an image that has been uploaded has already failed could provide and therefore answer a lot of peoples questions without having to bother anyone.
nicholson68
Jan 15, 2013 - permalink
Perhaps a New Tag Request? Natural, Fresh-Faced, Girls-Next-Door-With-Muscle types.

First off Mr. Chainer, I've gotta tell ya, you've done an INCREDIBLE job with this site. An absolute wonderful service for all of us GWM lovers.

Not sure if you receive many of these requests (or if i'm posting this in the right area) but i was wondering if there might be a better way of separating fresh-faced, natural, 'girl next door' w/ NATURAL muscles, apart from the 'roided-out' amazonians w/ man faces & 'glamour queens' w/ crazy nails, orange tans, gobs of make-up & tattoos'. Perhaps simply a new tag? 'Girl Next Door'?

Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for your consideration. Nicholson68.
admiral_bates
Jan 30, 2013 - permalink
The ads that are used on the site totally kill the use of the site on a mobile device.  As soon as you go on to GWM on a mobile the ads pop up and it's very hard to get back to the login screen long enough to login.  I've set my account not to have ads but not to remember my password on my phone for obvious reason so this happens all the time.
nubreed000
Feb 13, 2013 - permalink
Did a quick search and didn't find any mention of it but how about an Android app? Viewing on mobile is next to impossible because you always get redirected to an ad.
May 01, 2013 - permalink
Here is a feature I thought  might be of use as it's used so much over on Facebook and such.  When making a comment would it be possible to tag someone? Like on Facebook you tag someone in a photo or in a comment and it gives you a notification that they were mentioned. So in a comment under a photo if I was responding directly to someone that commented on a different photo but my comment was relating to it, I could say "hey @exampleguy that comment on my other photo sure would fit here don't you think?" Something like that, just an example. I'm sure you get the idea.  Under current circumstances that person would not get a notification because they had not commented on that pic,  but the other one (to clarify).   It would send a notification to that person that they were mentioned in a comment. Just an idea.
rab
May 08, 2013 - permalink
  • Add sort by + tags on the searching page. (So its better to find the best picture of a FBB with heap of pics)
  • Quick Reply on forums
obsidianknt482
Jul 01, 2013 - permalink

How about creating a search engine for Firefox users? (You know, the ones that are in the upper right hand corner)
motif
Sep 17, 2013 - permalink
Hello.

About the search function:

- it would be faster to choose by default "Image names/descriptions only", not "Names/descriptions, comments, filenames". This website is very slow sometimes, so this trick could help a little...

- the option "Exact phrase" is still bad: search for "Ida" and you'll get "Ida", "Frida", "Saidakova", "Aparecida", and so on.
dashriprock
Sep 24, 2013 - permalink
At the risk of repeating myself, I think a "transformation" tag would be helpful. It's by far the most common body comparison in fitness, and critical to any diet/equipment/program ad, which necessarily shows the before and after. Progress photos abound everywhere.

dashriprock
Sep 25, 2013 - permalink
Actually, instead of "transformation," it could be called "progress" since some already ripped chicks up their game. Last post.
lorddaroth
Nov 26, 2013 - permalink
Top 10 (20, 50, ... x) pictures of the month?
dongonzor
Dec 15, 2013 - permalink
Hi Chainer,

could you bring the old search-functionality back? You cannot search comments anymore, which is very sad since you could find lots of cool stuff that way, including pics with special poses, situations and so on. Please bring that back, I miss it a lot!!! ;) Thanks...
Dec 24, 2013 - permalink
Hi Chainer,

could you bring the old search-functionality back? You cannot search comments anymore, which is very sad since you could find lots of cool stuff that way, including pics with special poses, situations and so on. Please bring that back, I miss it a lot!!! ;) Thanks...

I second this, I'm fine with the name and tag fields taking precedence, but it would be nice if it searched the comments afterwards.  Or at least a checkbox with the option to include comments in the search.
pazienza
Feb 20, 2014 - permalink
Top 10 (20, 50, ... x) pictures of the month?
This!

Would also love to have the old "Members with similar favorites" feature back
dashriprock
Mar 22, 2014 - permalink
Since comment searches have been disabled, tags are all the more important.

Judging from what I've seen in other comments, I think it'd be nice to have tags for

"Measurements" (for pictures with measuring tape)
"Sleeves"
and best of all "Transformation" for before/after pictures since "Body Comparison" is too vague.
May 07, 2014 - permalink
I think it would be nice to have something that reflects what's currently "trending" in the community, and perhaps some other things that may help knit the community closer together.

The "Most Recently ..." sections on the home page are all very fleeting and not representative of the larger general community taste. I think a section like "Most Favourited/Commented" or "Highest Rated" covering only the past month would be more indicative of what's happening.

This could be combined with some more community-oriented information of who commented the most pictures this month, who had the most uploads, whose pictures received the highest rating, et cetera.

Also community-centred, some user (chat or comment) statistics like the ones readily created by various software packages may be fun too.

I realise none of this is essential to GWM's core functionality. At the moment though, all community things are mostly just added somewhat loosely to this core functionality. I think it would be nice to see some more integration and to more explicitly invite the people to get to know who else is on here.
« first < prev Page 2 of 4 next > last »