Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Pictures that didn't make it onto the main site...

xenolith
Aug 22, 2011 - permalink
I can't help but think there is something fishy going on about the main site. 

I've uploaded some pictures (sometimes twice) and they get roundly rejected by members by not even getting more than 50% yes votes.   Then only to have the exact same picture (or very similar picture) soon show up on the main site that was uploaded by another member.  I vote (aka. moderate) quite regularly (almost every day) and I don't even see these pictures I'm talking about listed in the que by the other member, so I think they're probably getting some kind of fast-track approval by the main site moderators.

If that's the case, it smacks of unfair favoritism that will do nothing but discourage participation from its members, IMO.
tlinden16
Aug 23, 2011 - permalink
@Xenolith There are several explanations (besides "unfair favouritism") which could explain what you've noticed

A) When uploading images, one can choose to upload them to the voting queue or the mod queue, which is only viewable by mods.  This explains why you might not see every image that makes the main site.

B) The voting queue is fickle, just because you uploaded a pic which did not receive the requisite votes and then another person re uploads it and it does pass does not mean that you are being discriminated against; it could be a different section of the population voting or people could have just changed their minds.

C) A few specific members who have proven themselves to be excellent uploaders (and all mods) do have the ability to bypass the moderation queue.  While you might call this favouritism, I would not call it unfair, as those members have earned the privilege with their continued and consistent contributions to the website.
biffer
Aug 23, 2011 - permalink
@Xenolith There are several explanations (besides "unfair favouritism") which could explain what you've noticed

A) When uploading images, one can choose to upload them to the voting queue or the mod queue, which is only viewable by mods.  This explains why you might not see every image that makes the main site.

B) The voting queue is fickle, just because you uploaded a pic which did not receive the requisite votes and then another person re uploads it and it does pass does not mean that you are being discriminated against; it could be a different section of the population voting or people could have just changed their minds.

C) A few specific members who have proven themselves to be excellent uploaders (and all mods) do have the ability to bypass the moderation queue.  While you might call this favouritism, I would not call it unfair, as those members have earned the privilege with their continued and consistent contributions to the website.

D) Moderators have the ability to approve (and delete) images from the voting queue (in other words, bypassing the voting process).  A small percentage of the pics in the voting queue get approved this way.
xenolith
Aug 23, 2011 - permalink
B)  I would agree with that IF the pics I uploaded didn't fail so miserably to get the requisite member votes, TWICE.

C and D) I think this may be why the exact same pics as mine got by the member moderation queue when they where uploaded by someone else.  The other member did have a very high upload number.

Now that this was explained to me, I admit my criticism that it's UNFAIR favoritism may have been a bit strong.

I'll just have to keep uploading good, legal content and then hopefully I can get to earn similar respect.  ;D
halfkorean
Nov 06, 2011 - permalink
Question for mods: When you pull pictures off of the site, do you check whether there are other photos of the same woman from the same photo shoot remaining? I'm guessing no because I continually have pictures pulled off of the site when others from the same shoot remain. I check every picture I upload against what has already been posted of the same woman, mostly to avoid duplicates, but when I see other poses from the same shoot on the site I use that as a green light to post. Example, this photo I uploaded of Tiffany Ryan was just pulled off the site while 5 other pics from the same shoot remain. Another example, Olga Guryeva below. Mine was pulled while others from the same set remain. There are many other examples. I'm using these things as a yardstick, but it seems random about what stays and what goes.

biffer
Nov 18, 2011 - permalink
Question for mods: When you pull pictures off of the site, do you check whether there are other photos of the same woman from the same photo shoot remaining? I'm guessing no because I continually have pictures pulled off of the site when others from the same shoot remain. I check every picture I upload against what has already been posted of the same woman, mostly to avoid duplicates, but when I see other poses from the same shoot on the site I use that as a green light to post. Example, this photo I uploaded of Tiffany Ryan was just pulled off the site while 5 other pics from the same shoot remain. Another example, Olga Guryeva below. Mine was pulled while others from the same set remain. There are many other examples. I'm using these things as a yardstick, but it seems random about what stays and what goes.

I often check for pictures from the same shoot, but I can't say that I do it every time.  But as you point out, it often turns up similar pictures, and I have deleted a fair number of additional pictures as a result.
sthenolagnia
Nov 18, 2011 - permalink
Another version of these pics have been posted to the main site years ago, but they are really tiny in size. I've tried to replace them twice, so that people could have a better copy. Both times, I explained when labeling the pics that these are the better versions of what's already been posted. And both times, they are deleted seconds after they are uploaded.

If the pics are not good, why let them appear in first place? And if they are, then why reject these?

Added after TLinden16's answered:

Many thanks for the explanation. Once again, this thread has reminded me to take things easy, and that mods are human beings working unpaid for the site to be the success it is today.

halfkorean
Nov 19, 2011 - permalink
Another version of these pics have been posted to the main site years ago, but they are really tiny in size. I've tried to replace them twice, so that people could have a better copy. Both times, I explained when labeling the pics that these are the better versions of what's already been posted. And both times, they are deleted seconds after they are uploaded.

I want to second this. Would it be possible to produce a way to upload better versions of pics so that they stick and replace the poorer version? There are some posters, Dallas55 being the most infamous example, who regularly post bad quality. I have higher rez versions of a lot of pics here, but theirs stick and mine don't. The goal should be to have the best example, not just the first, if there's a reasonable way to do it.
tlinden16
Nov 19, 2011 - permalink
My apologies for deleting those pics Sthen, when looking through the (often >200) pics in the queue, I don't have time to click through each one to determine if it is in fact a larger version of the pic we have on the site.  Also, we cannot see the labels that people put on the pics until they are approved, so I didn't read your explanation.  If you'd like to repost them, I (or another mod) would be happy to approve them.

@HK The process for merging duplicate pics once they are approved will save the larger version (although larger does not always equate to better quality.)  Unfortunately, as I have stated above, many duplicates are deleted from the queue before they ever get the chance to be merged in this way.
sthenolagnia
Nov 22, 2011 - permalink
This just happened a moment ago, so hopefully somebody still remembers something about it.

There was this picture of a very cute girl, who was wearing something in black color, either a sport bra or a tank top, flexing her right arm. The most noticeable thing about her is that she wore a pair of glasses. The original filename is barabara (not barbara, mind you) plus a number, and I think it was posted by tempp.

The pic was removed only several minutes after it appeared, and after several members including myself commented to ask for the girl's name. This is the original URL:

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/imgpage.html?imgid=147624

I know this is not my place to question the decision to remove the pic, but I hope that with the explanation, I would learn something about the girl. Also, I would much appreciate it if someone who has saved this pic would kindly send me the file.
shantzy
Jul 12, 2012 - permalink
Just curious.  I posted a few screencaps recently for moderation and they were all deleted.  I tried a couple more times to go through moderators and the same thing happened.  Is there a policy against screencaps?  The girl is not underage or naked.   Thanks!

Chainer
Jul 15, 2012 - permalink
Just curious.  I posted a few screencaps recently for moderation and they were all deleted.  I tried a couple more times to go through moderators and the same thing happened.  Is there a policy against screencaps?  The girl is not underage or naked.   Thanks!

She emailed me in the past requesting that her pictures not be on this site.
shantzy
Jul 15, 2012 - permalink
ok, that makes sense.  Thanks.
sthenolagnia
Jul 22, 2012 - permalink
It is true, there are people who probably use unfair method to manipulate the voting process. Too crazy to be true? Some of us just happen to have too much free time in hands. Ask the guys who vote 0 for EVERY picture posted.

However, I think the point of this thread is to ask about pictures that were removed by admins and mods. That's the kind of questions that can sometimes be answered.
Jul 23, 2012 - permalink
I suppose a solution would be to have your images checked by the site staff, not by popular vote, as can be indicated on the upload page.
j2k
Aug 06, 2012 - permalink
Hello guys, I'm new here.
I uploaded 3 pics of Ranomi Kromowidjojo (a Dutch swimmer) using the popular vote, and they got approved in just a few hours. So I tried to upload four more pics of two different athletes (Federica Pellegrini, an Italian swimmer, and Sabine Lisicki, a German tennis player) but they got stuck in the queue for two days now.
I'm posting them here:

musgrlfan1
Sep 02, 2012 - permalink

The moderation here is completely bogus.  I tried to post these up from Cynthia Colon's FB page.  They had a 7-0 vote going for them and then they suddenly disappeared.  Now you see them, now you don't.  I'd love to hear the reason that these didn't make it.  If it's not the woman protesting the photos, then the reason is without merit.  If it is Cynthia protesting the photos, then why the hell isn't her entire file deleted? 

If it's not the anti-muscle nazi's in the group voting no on every damned photo, it's somebody who thinks they're on a mission from God to only allow photos that they feel meet their idea of feminity.  Sometimes I'm pretty sure they won't make it, but most of the time (like this time) there's never a good reason for it other than adherence to a homogenous view of what a woman should be.  Well, screw that.  I'm sick of it.  I've tried to upload my last photo on this site.  I've got ten still in the queue, and the way the voting is going, not one of them is ever going to make it.  Currently, I've got almost 600 photos that I've loaded to this site (a number that shrinks every week as they keep disappearing), but I've probably had more than that never made it thru moderation.  It's never been about the quantity, as it is with guys like Planta, but about sharing.  It's not worth the time, effort or thought.  Forget it.

tlinden16
Sep 02, 2012 - permalink
While you are certainly free to disagree with the moderation standards of the site and refuse to continue posting if you wish, implying that the moderators (and/or other members of the site, its not exactly clear who you are complaining about) are nazis and zealots is not appreciated.  To answer your question about why those photos were rejected, they appear to have been deleted because they come from HDPhysiques.com (http://www.hdphysiques.com/model_pages_indv.php?modelid=405 ) Thank you for your contributions in the past and I hope you continue to enjoy visiting and participating in the site.
musgrlfan1
Sep 02, 2012 - permalink
The photos came from her FB page.  If you go look you'll see them there.  No changes, no editing were done to the photos.  If they're on FB on the actual FFB's site, then how is it not acceptable?  If the moderators started going after photos that belonged to Herbiceps or any other sites that haven't given permission, then about half the photos on this site would disappear.

I try to be very careful about what I upload.  I don't even upload a photo if I don't have a name attached to the photo, and I'm very careful about trademarks, etc.

I think the site is a great idea, and I've learned about a great many new faces on it, but the moderation process is flawed.  For example, why a majority?  Why not 16 votes and you're in?  I've had photos that had Yes votes in the 20's that didn't make it because it reached 15 Nay votes first.  How's that fair to me (for taking the time to upload) or the people who wanted to see it?  There were more who wanted it than didn't.  Major flaw.

Nazis might have been a strong word (I was using it in more of a modern usage and not the historical one), but zealots wasn't.  I stand by that one.  There are some real FBB haters out there, and I'm pretty certain that there are guys without lives who've never had a girlfriend who get on the group moderation scene and vote against every photo that pops up.  Pull up the member list and look at the ratings averages if you don't believe me.

If I'm babbling, it's because I'm just upset because I really enjoy the site, but hate the nonsense involved in trying to actually contribute to its success.
j2k
Sep 03, 2012 - permalink
Yesterday I uploaded a picture through the site staff approval.
It definitely got approved as I received several notifications about people faving it. Here's the link: http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/imgpage.html?imgid=211572

The link doesn't work anymore, the pic is gone. My question is: why?
I didn't receive any notification about it, like copyright issues or something like that.
j2k
Sep 07, 2012 - permalink
I posted 10 screenshots of Raye Hollitt from the movie Skin Deep, and again they didn't get approved.

It's really annoying to have pics rejected without knowing the reason and being ignored on the forum :)
j2k
Mar 09, 2013 - permalink
This pic has been deleted as well

biffer
Mar 28, 2013 - permalink
This pic has been deleted as well

Copyrighted - TanyaFitness.com.  There's a thumbnail sized version here:

http://hdphysiques.com/model_pages_indv.php?modelid=450

Biffer
msclfn
Apr 22, 2013 - permalink
It would be nice if people would stop complaining about there pictures being rejected, there are  still many pics on this site that are obviously taken by professional photographs and also copyrighted.

If the picture is really great (not a snapshot) and not taken by yourself it is probably copyrighted.

If a girl posts a picture in a forum to show her progress it does not mean that this picture is not copyrighted and supposed to be published on any site without asking.

If you post a picture anywhere you found on the Internet you MUST ask if you are allowed to to the ownoer of pic. You are not allowed to post any pics of anything anywhere if you dont have the ownership of them or the permission to do so.
blastr007
Aug 29, 2013 - permalink
Based on one of the explanations given above I am thinking this won't get approved (I just saw it under moderate) so I would like to share it here! She is awesome. Great eyes, incredible legs but her nipples can kind of be seen.

« first < prev Page 3 of 4 next > last »