Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Missing pics

ace of spades
May 08, 2010 - permalink
Server troubles apart, i noticed that several times, when i upload a set of pics (i only upload pics in .zip format) only a few of the pics included are posted on the site.
I understand moderators have to make a selection of the material they receive, but in some cases, like for example the Laurie Vaniman workout pics i sent some days ago, this is quite senseless! If i upload an entire set of 6-7 workout pics all taken from the same photoshoot, why not post them all?
Thanks for the attention.
adrian1
Jul 20, 2010 - permalink
I have recently run into a similar issue and noticed that there wasn't a response.

Where as I might upload 4-6 pictures on a visit and they all go thru,when i check back there  shows to be "0" to load but none of the photos are on the site.??
eyegoar
Jul 22, 2010 - permalink
I don't bother uploading any more... The image approval system doesn't appear to be very consistent. Of my last upload, 80% were rejected... They were high quality (Stutz, Brand) shots and met all the posting criteria, but were turned down in favour of numerous small, fuzzy, underexposed camera phone pics. Not feeling butthurt, just bewildered. I know many members would have enjoyed my contribution.
Chainer
Jul 22, 2010 - permalink
I'm sorry you all are displeased with the approval system. I will be the first to admit that it is subjective and not perfect, but the fact remains that there must be some sort of selection process present or else great numbers of terrible* pictures will make it onto the site, and the current process is the best/easiest I've been able to think of. It is harder than you'd think to go through hundreds of pictures and select the ones to keep/delete from them... no matter what you choose, you'll piss someone off.

If you want, I can make this thread into a "Why didn't my picture get posted?" thread, where you could post some pictures that got rejected and I (or another staff member) would do the best we can to explain why we are rejecting it--or admit that we were wrong to reject it.

*As defined by the upload rules
eyegoar
Jul 22, 2010 - permalink
Chainer, no worries. We appreciate all the hard work you and the Mods put into this unique site.... There's nothing else out there quite like it. If my pics don't get posted, I'm not gonna get all teary eyed over it. I"ll continue to enjoy the thousands of beautiful ladies already here...  ;D
chevron
Jul 22, 2010 - permalink
If at first you don't succeed, try again (and again ... and again ...). I have quite a few pics on here which took several uploads before they found a gatekeeper who approved them ... and many of them subsequently became highly-rated and consistently-favorited.
byeck
Jul 22, 2010 - permalink
Chainer - great response! It makes a hugely pleasant change to have a forum moderator who is polite, responsive and open. So many mods are dictatorial, quick to anger and prone to outbursts of "if you don't like my forum, you know where you can go"-style reactions.

As such, I - and from the looks of it in this thread, others too - am quite content to let you and the others do the best job you can, and enjoy the fruits of your work. And if you happen to reject a few pictures that I personally would have chosen to allow... well, there are plenty of others for me to enjoy that you *did* approve!

:-)
chevron
Jul 25, 2010 - permalink
... and it's always 'mixed feelings time' when a pic you've unsuccessfully offered a few times finally appears in the gallery ... posted by someone else!

Still ... when that happens you can at least give it a 10 rating ... which you couldn't do if it was your own upload.
Oct 15, 2010 - permalink
Fine, Fine, I'll be the Nazi, someone has to..
Besides I'm on a roll and on my 9th cup of coffee while hanging out at the golden arches and mooching wifi

RE: Ace

I don't know about the actual pictures in question, but I'm really good at putting the type of image uploaded by X user name.

Educated guess would be, the images were either super dark, contest pro-tan or even contest images themselves which there are not many of that get accepted for some uniqueness.

Sieg Heil Chainer!
*Stumbles off to polish his boots*
ace of spades
Oct 18, 2010 - permalink
I uploaded a set of Gabriella Bankuti's pics 2 days ago. Now i see them posted by seeker, a user i don't know.
Anyone can explain why this error occured?
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »