Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Proposal for new tags

amazonlover
Jan 24, 2010 - permalink
See weebles' comment and mine at http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/imgpage.html?imgid=34255.

@Chainer: Coming back to the pic, I just saw your comment. I agree that "natural muscle" is too cloudy, it could also mean "most probably not on roids", but that was not what I had in mind. Maybe "girl next-door"? That would exclude competitors (fitness or bodybuilding) and their on-season looks like extremely low body fat, vascularity and the like.

But how about "self-portrait in a mirror" and/or "casual flex" (like flexing for fun at a party)? It seems to me that a lot of people (including me) are into this kind of stuff. That would certainly reduce the amount of pics tagged "candid" that are actually not candid, as weebles pointed out. Maybe you could just rename "candid" as "candid/casual flex" and things would be fine.
Chainer
Jan 24, 2010 - permalink
"self portrait in a mirror" is too specific.

I don't really understand the difference between the current candid tag and the "candid/casual flex" tag you're proposing.
chevron
Jan 24, 2010 - permalink
I'm still in there pitching for 'obliques' (we do, after all, have 'back', 'lats' and 'traps' as separate tags) and there are a few shots here and there which display major oblique development without showing frontal or upper abs. 'Natural' could work as a signifier of either 'not on obvious roids' or 'not toting obvious implants.' I'll freely admit to marking down (though not zero-bombing) for ridiculous-looking implants (despite many disagreeing with this), and it'd be nice to acknowledge those women who don't look like they hit either the juice or the balloon farm.

(Which doesn't NECESSARILY mean that they haven't, of course -- merely that they've been sensible enough not to overdo it to the point were it's screamingly blatant.)
anon-e-mouse
Jan 24, 2010 - permalink
Gotta be careful that not too many tags are applied, otherwise people just skip that part 'cause it gets too complicated. :-\
amazonlover
Jan 24, 2010 - permalink
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/candid: "relating to or being photography of subjects acting naturally or spontaneously without being posed"

deliberately posing for the camera is not candid, but a picture in the bathroom mirror is something different from a professional photo shoot. If you think "candid" is fine, I'll just ignore that tag because obviously it doesn't mean anything.
petie
Jan 28, 2010 - permalink
I'd like to see one for "Comparison".  Reserved for pictures where at least two subjects are comparing biceps, legs, abs, etc....preferrably male and female.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »